Violent Acts

Renaye Brown
Good morning,

I have signed up with the hope that whatever issues get raised here, that women will be respectful, and refrain from villifying each other or reacting to the reasoned thoughts of others as if they are an existential threat.

Here are my thoughts for the morning:

I read many of the statements and saw several ahort videos related to the alter ation at the Dyke March.  Then I read the statement posted online by the Dyke March Organizers, and aside from the doublespeak with respect to gender/sex, et cetera, what really stood out to me was the statement was absolutely not unequivocal in taking a stand against violence.  In fact, it struck me as very much a dogwhistle to those inclined to get aggressive when confronted with thoughts and ideas they take issue with.  This is a really troubling to me.

Re: Violent Acts

Rosa
Hi Renaye,
Yes, I agree that the statement by the Dyke March organizers was not acceptable.  It read as if they were blaming the women who were attacked.
I thought it was shocking that someone would make a written attack on me implying that I am somehow not lesbian enough or am a misogynistic self hating lesbian because I used the slash mark / between trans and lesbian.  The aggressive fragmentation in society now is destroying us.

Re: Violent Acts

Barbarella
It would be great if people would be more specific in posts.  For example, there are Dyke Marches in addition to the one you are referring to (SF?).  I know San Francisco is the center of the universe, but if this site is open to all, let's not assume anything, OK? (Please forgive me if this forum is for Bay Area folks only.) Thanks for "listening".